Dear Guest Family,
Thank you for riding this Covid roller coaster with us!
We have had a challenging summer working with our County- and State-imposed Covid restrictions while providing a restful and restorative getaway that so many of you need especially now. Moving into the fall, we have made some major adjustments to our booking requirements in response to Covid stringencies.
As long as we are under Covid restrictions the following booking requirements apply, beginning Sept 19 2020, and supersede all other stated booking requirements:
1) 5 nights minimum stay, within a week time frame of Friday to Friday, generally, depending on the cottage. Multiple weeks may be booked as available.
2) Due to the scheduling complexities, we cannot accept online bookings currently; please email or call to request a reservation. If we have an opening, it will show on our cottage availability calendar, so you can check there first if you like. Sept-Oct 2020 is mostly full. We have just opened up November for booking. We will be closed Dec 1 2020 until mid March 2021.
3) We reserve the right to change or cancel reservations based on changing covid restrictions.
Currently San Juan County is in Phase Two, with lodging, restaurants and shops doing business at 50% capacity. For more information, please see the county website at https://www.sanjuanco.com/
Our office is staffed 10:30-2:30 (closed Mondays and Wednesdays). You are welcome to leave a voicemail or send an email any time!
Be safe and stay healthy – we look forward to seeing you soon!
North Beach Inn
– RuthAnne, Andrew, Erik, Opal & Craig
North Beach Inn: Orcas Island Pet Friendly Lodging
Our thirteen housekeeping cottages are dotted along our expansive private beach on the north shore of Orcas Island, a perfect setting for romantic retreats or family gatherings; for kids or dogs; for playing or relaxing.
With their spacing and wooded setting our quaint beachfront cabins offer a sense of privacy and peace that’s hard to find elsewhere. Kids and dogs love to play on our beach (one-third mile of rare no-bank, pebble and sand), among the finest in the San Juan Islands, with sweeping views towards the Canadian gulf islands to the north-west, and dramatic sunsets.
- Fully-equipped kitchen or kitchenette
- Linens provided
- Comfortable furnishings
- Fireplace and free firewood
- Unplugged (no WiFi, TV, etc.)
- Briquette BBQ
- Deck or covered porch
- Wooden beach chairs and picnic table
North Beach Inn in Eastsound, WA offers vacationers quiet, pet-friendly lodging on Orcas Island.
- Mooring buoys
- Level sand-and-pebble beach
- 90+ acres woods and pasture
- Wildlife: cows, deer, bald eagles, otters, variety of birds
- Only 1.5 miles from Eastsound Village
- Ocean views and sunsets
- Gibson family owned and run for over 100 years
Simple, tranquil, a step back in time, they are for those of you looking for accommodations with warmth and character, and furnished with all the basic necessities.
North Beach Inn on Orcas Island is located just a couple of miles from the village of Eastsound (the island’s main commercial center) where you will find a relatively large, well-stocked grocery store, a number of restaurants, coffee shops, and unique artisan shops. There is also a liquor store, a movie theater, and an internet café. Being near Eastsound, WA means we are less than half-an-hour’s drive west to the ferry landing or east to Moran State Park.
Turning down our road you will venture through over half a mile of woods and fields before even reaching the cottages and beach. So although centrally located and close to most of the San Juan Islands’ many amenities, we are able to maintain a sense of isolation.
Aerial video of the cottages and beach (thanks to long-time guest Steven Hurd, Seattle Aerial Imaging)